Follow Zackery Wilson
Zackery Wilson’s SNESQUE is the marriage of Super Nintendo soundfonts (i.e. collections of samples from original Super Nintendo video games) and modern-day audio production (i.e. EQ, delay, reverb, filters, etc.). For each original track, Zack adhered strictly to self imposed limitations: each was created using only one soundfont (exclusive to each respective game), again, only taking liberties with audio production and some creative sample manipulation (i.e. pitch-shifting, time-stretching, etc.); the structure of each track limited to roughly a minute’s worth of music, looping once (in the tradition of standard video game “level” music) before fading out.
From progressive rock to jazz fusion, samba to swing, SNESQUE is a hodgepodge of musical styles, connected by the nostalgic sound of Super Nintendo video games and the familiarity of present-day audio production techniques.
- RIGHT Off the Bat(tle) [Final Fantasy IV] (02:20)
- Out of LEFT Field [Final Fantasy VI] (02:12)
- Suck 'R Punch [Kirby's Dream Land 3] (02:26)
- SELECT Tech Samba [Chrono Trigger] (02:30)
- EarthBound and DOWN [EarthBound] (02:24)
- Snowball's Chance in 'L [Breath of Fire II] (02:40)
- Beat 'em UP Boogie [Final Fight] (02:08)
- Have A Nice Flight [Pilotwings] (02:40)
- B-Baby Swing [Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island] (02:24)
- SaGa Be STARTin' Somethin' [Romancing SaGa] (02:25)
- Y So Secretive? [Secret of Mana] (02:52)
- Player 2 & Zackery Wilson - Sector X Gon’ Give It to Ya [Star Fox] (02:06)